Pages

Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Next Chapter: The Happy Book



It has been a long time since I have been in Jamie's Book blogging group. I really miss all the fun. So tonight I put in my order for the book.
And I am doing this weeks assignment.

With the suggestions given by Jamie. I will write a story using these words. circle, tree, smile, sparkle, heart, clean, treasure, red, fresh, sky, yum, toes, morning, home.
And the theme of being thankful.

I am ever so thankful for my home. I no longer have a circle of trees. They are more in a row and sprinkled here and there. They have long been a treasure to me. I love waking up and watching there leaves sparkle with the morning dew. Some seem to be ever reaching to the sky. Some grow yummy red apples and nuts. This yard is quite abundant with pecan, and walnut. Soon the squirrels will be going nuts themselves. Both running here and there. Throwing nuts at my cat and my truck. But it is so much fun to watch. I do not worry about cleaning up the mess. As it is hubby who complains about that. lol. I get to sit back and wiggle my toes. Smile to my hearts content. And watch him pick up the walnuts. My self I would just leave them lay. As some day the squirrels will take them all away.

Now for my thankful list. To sum it up I am thankful for every one and every thing. I have spent the last 2 years letting people know how much they mean to me. And how grateful I am to have them in my life.

My family and friends are on the top of the list. Life would be nothing with out my grand kids. They are the true joy in my life at this time. They make you smile and give such joy. It is an amazing feeling.
When your kids have kids. They are a true treasure of love.

This video is a sample of simple fun watching the Grand kids run circles around one of my walnut trees.


7 comments:

Kat Sloma said...

Happy Friday! I can feel your gratitude coming through your words.

Helen said...

It's great to see you posting again! Thanks for your description of your trees. I live in the city, so having some trees to imagine with your words was a nice treat this morning. Have a happy week!

WrightStuff said...

Nice to see you again Grammy. I haven't popped by for ages which is very naughty of me. I have this wonderful image now of squirrels running amok in your garden - what fun!

Ginny said...

I agree there is nothing like grandchildren. They make you smile just thinking of them. Have a wonderful week.

gina said...

I can really relate to your joy--my grandbabies are such a blessing and bring me so much happiness! Have a great weekend!

Beverley Baird said...

It's so good to see you back! So glad you are joining this next chapter!
Your grandkids are adorable - so much to be thankful for!
Take care!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

I love it!!! What wonderful use of the words and the grandkiddos are just the icin' on the cake! 'Just precious...you are blessed girl!!

Ya'll have a wonderfully blessed weekend, ya hear!!! :o)