Pages

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Update on the spraddle legged chick

I am so happy to share with you that Fedora is doing well. My daughter brought over the 2 newly hatch chicks to keep Fedora company. They will be full size chickens. They are a little bigger than Fedora. But they got him/her to eat. So all is well in the outlook of this chick.
They are so much fun to watch. I have to give the 2 back soon.
 But Fedora will not be alone. Tomorrow, or any minute now. 4 eggs may hatch.
I hope they come out well and happy. The 2nd egg 2 days after, Fedora.Only peeped a hole in the shell. I thought the father to the chicks was a standard white silkie. But it is possible a larger rooster got to Willow.  That could explain why the chicks are too big for the shell.

Soon Willows eggs will contain Yokies baby's. He is a frizzle. He is so sweet. He is always near her. When she has an egg he stand by her or cuddles up like he is going to help her sit on an egg.
Willow has no interest in hatching or sitting on an egg. She is not broody.And does not want to be with the new chicks.She will look at them That is about it.
I now wonder why the person picked, Willow to be sold. All I can do is assume, she is not a mom type of bird. Or egg issues. Maybe Willows egg size is too small. I don't know.But I hope all goes well.
You may ask, Why I am hatching the eggs?
I can not bring myself to put the egg in the fridge knowing there is life inside.

Have a wonderful day and remember to laugh and play.Photobucket

4 comments:

Crystal Collier said...

My youngest son had an issue with eating eggs a little while back because he thought every egg in the carton was robbed of life. (Not realizing they hadn't been fertilized.)

Cute chickens.

greekwitch said...

Ohhhh it's so nice she is doing better! And it must be so much fun, to have them all there!!!

angela said...

How much fun are little chickens. Only big chickens can compete lol they a re so cute well done you xxx

Blogoratti said...

What delightful photos, greetings!