Pages

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Power of thoughts

 What a person believes is who that person becomes. ~Bryan Stevens

This statement is so true. It all boils down to self talk,   The more we replay events in our mind the more we become what we think.  This also, is how depression  takes over your life. You get stuck in a boohoo poor me, or  victim mentality. You don't realize it, but you really do chose in your mind to hold on to the emotions. And some times make them worse. It is like a trap. Once caught you become a prisoner.  Some people never escape.  For me it took a melt down. Some people hold on so tight to there trauma, that they get offended if you even try to say, " You can be healed". They become defensive. Saying my trauma is so bad it can not be healed. 
That statement alone, is self talk. And will guarantee that person will never let go or be free of there past. 

But the fact is they can, if only they would  believe they can be free. 

Some people like to be the victim.  They enjoy the attention, and feed off of the sympathy of others. I know that sounds harsh. When you realize this is true. You will begin to see people who really do this. Then you will think to your self. Wow, she was right. Trauma and drama take over the lives of many people in this world. It is an addiction. Some like me in the past. Thought there would be no end of bad things happening. But I am here now to say. There is an end. You have to want it! 
And if I can do it, so can you.


And like any other addiction, you have to chose to stop. Drugs are not the answer. The right therapist may help. But if you think about it. They do not make money if you get well. So you must chose to be well. Learn to get answers on your own or with the help of a friend.

When you free your self it is like opening your eyes and waking up for the first time. You look at the world differently.  You know the answers to what is really important and what was just simply a life lesson. 

We were put in this world to live, learn and love. Every thing else is icing on the cake!

You can then sit back and observe. Knowing most things we take to heart are really irrelevant.  We give too much power to things that happened. And keep them alive with our thoughts, replaying them over and over. It is like falling down and banging your knee. Would you pick at the scab all day every day? And by choice have this knee bleed for 20-30 years. Mentally this is what we do. We keep the pain alive by choice. You have to chose to want to be free of it. Chose to let it heal. And there may be a scar. Or it my heal completely. It all depends on you. And how much you want to be free. It takes getting mad, saying to your self. enough is enough. I will not be a victim to any one. I will not let what happened rule my life. The more you start this self talk the stronger you will get. 

Do not allow any one to have power over you. 
There words or actions are there issues. Do not chose to take on there baggage.  There words show who they are not who you are. If they wish you harm. They are to be removed from your life. If they are not loving and supportive. They are just mean people. I chose to no longer allow words spoken by them to harm my feelings. I find when people try to bring others down. They simply are not happy with them self. And it has nothing to do with the other person. They wish that person to be unhappy too. 

It took an overload of emotion
Hit the bottom for me to learn to climb back up to this point in my life. It is hard to explain to some one how intense a mental meltdown is. But do you really want to find out? If you do not learn to control your thoughts. They will make your life unbearable. You blame others for how you feel. But, it is only your reaction to what they did that tortures you. Your ego mind loves to relive over and over things that make you feel bad. Till your soul wakes up and say enough! 

Ask your self :
Do I want to release the chains of mental torture?  
Do I want to break the chains that imprison my thoughts?"
Do I want to be happy? 
Do I want to finish this life knowing I am a survivor and not a victim?
Now make the choice to be free, and it will happen. 

I think my some of my next posts will be 
Gratitude
Rewrite the story of your life.
Tools to release your mind. 
Nothing is relevant unless you chose it to be so.  
I just found this quote

“Man often becomes what he believes himself to be. If I keep on saying to myself that I cannot do a certain thing, it is possible that I may end by really becoming incapable of doing it. On the contrary, if I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning.”
― Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi
This is Mental freedom # 2
Have a wonderful day and remember to laugh and play.Photobucket

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Very well said. Love that quote by Gandhi too!