Pages

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Enjoying life again

Sunday I took the Amtrak from Jefferson city to Kirkwood, MO. It was very relaxing and beautiful views. The train ran along the Missouri river quite a bit. The right side of the train had, views of blooming trees. walls of stone and rock. some hills were as tall as some of the mountains in West Virginia.There were nice homes and vacation spots. Time flew by, it only took about 2 hours. It was exciting when a commercial train flew past. They were faster than fast. It was like watching a blur with glimpse of a view between the cars.
My friend was waiting for me at the station. It was so nice to be in St. Louis again. But I felt like a visitor now rather than, Hay I'm home. This was hard to digest.
My nose went to work as soon as I stepped on the ground. The smell of food was every where. We then hopped in her truck. And went to one of my favorite chines buffets. And popped in for a visit to another friend named Kim. 
The next day started out with me being spoiled with pancakes and coffee.
We spent a relaxing day together. Then off to down town St. Louis. Where we grabbed a bite to eat at Union station. I spotted a photo booth like when we were kids. So we jumped in and cheated. We snapped a photo with our cell phone.  I looked around as we ate. many stores were closed. It is another sign of the rescission in full swing. There were some coin operated kid rides. I laughed and said we should hop on and act like kids again. But it was just kidding. We would have been thrown in the looney bin.
So off we went to stand in a line that was around the corner and down the next street. The Oprah show filled the building 35-3800 seats. We were in orchestra row k seat 11-12. It was like 11 rows back from the stage far left.
Here is a silly video of us rocking to the music.
Being kids again.

Oprah's life class was awesome !
Have a wonderful day and remember to laugh and play.

6 comments:

joanne said...

how exciting and fun...I'd love to hear more about the 'class.' So glad you enjoyed yourself for a change!

Wendy said...

Wow! I've been out of touch with the blogging world for a bit. You must have had a wonderful time. Wow!

Joy Des Jardins said...

What fun Grammy....you look so cute in that little video of you and your friend. Some people believe that train rides are the most relaxing and enjoyable form of travel. I haven't been on a train in quite a long time. Take care... ~Joy

white_lilly said...

Looks like you had a great time,I remember when Oprah came out to Australia, she is amazing what she does. Thanks for commenting on my blog, I have been busy for a while but I am taking out time to smell the roses and catch up on some of my favorite blogs. Take care and keep on having fun!
x0x0x

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Oh my goodness glory, I'm thrilled ya had the opportunity to make this trip. What a wonderful day to have attended Oprah's life class! Woohoo!!!

God bless ya sweetie and have a fantastic day!!! :o)

Wendy said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog. Hope things are o.k. with you.
Happy summer!