Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The diet is on

Today is day one of video blogging. I am going to start taking  green tea fat burner. And change up my diet. Hubby has already lost 6 pounds from the food I have been giving him to eat. With him being diabetic now. No more sugar filled  drinks. I have been learning about slow carbohydrates.

Tonight's blood sugar level for hubby is almost that of a normal person (102) Yea!!!!
 
Tracking and analyzing meals for free at Livingwell.com I am shocked some times at the amount of sodium/salt levels come up on the tracker each day. 3352 mg just today. I did not even ad salt to his food. I read age 52 and over should be 1500mg, So this is 2x the amount. For now I am not going to worry about the salt. He takes blood pleasure meds with his heart medicine, His bp was good at the last Dr. visit.

I have decided to start using green tea fat burner, and eating better my self. The scale today was 181.2 lb for me. So We will see. I read where the green tea will also help with hubby's sugar level. So we are going to try it on him at 1/2 dose. We both drank a blended veggie mix this morning. It was yuck in taste. But I am not a raw veggie person.

Here is my first video.
   
 Prep Time: 10 min     Serves: 2    Cooking Time: 35 min    
   4 oz Beef Round Steak
    1/2 cup Cauliflower,raw
    1 cup Broccoli Florets
    1/2 cup Small Carrots
    1 Celery Medium Stalk (7.5 - 8")
    1 tbsp Onions, Dehydrated Flakes
    1/4 tsp Italian Seasoning
    1 tsp Minced Garlic
Have a wonderful day and remember to laugh and play.Photobucket

4 comments:

joanne said...

good luck. I'm a diabetic too so I will be interested to see how this works for your hubby. And wowzer, I had no idea about the soda...

Zaroga said...

Great news on the progress your hubby has made.

Diet in our home... I have two different digestive issues and one requires low-fiber and the other high-fiber. Hitting a medium is difficult.

Frank is diabetic also. Sometimes he puts off eating for too long. He will always be diabetic since part of his pancreas was removed.

I really admire you.. My orayers for you and your hubby that you may gain good health.

peppylady (Dora) said...

Hope you do well... have you try Stevia for sugar..one teaspoon= one cup..Not sure how the cost works out.
I've done the raw diet..sort of.
I join T.O.P.S (taking off pound sensible) a weight lost support group...I should be going for my walk..Coffee is on.

Grammy said...

Thank for the suggestion Dora. But I will not buy or use any thing chemical or genitally made. including corn sirup. Food has enough sugar by its self. Hubby will get natural honey in limited quantity. And other organic ways. if at all possible.