Pages

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

My New trash to treasure find


When I lived in St. Louis there was unbelievable things set out to the trash.
Where I live now. Nothing is thrown away unless it is unusable by any one.
This shelf is savable though.

It has one bar on the back side that is rusted through. I will clean it up paint it and put a piece if pvc plumbing pipe over it to hide and secure the bar. Then I have a bakers rack for free. As I have left over paint and pvc.





We will be having our Thanks giving gathering Saturday.
As my youngest has to work on Thanks giving day.
She just finished CNA classes last month. Now she is working at a nursing home. And she has already saved the lives of 2 people in the last 3 months. I am so proud of her.
Blessings to all.
Have a wonderful day!

14 comments:

Lady Katherine said...

love the little green house, what a wonderful idea. My 5 year old grandson had surgery not not me. If every goes right, I staying away from Doc until, January. My request.

Denise said...

You are so awesome.

Gail said...

Waste not, want not! Good job!

Wendy said...

Congratulations to your daughter! I hope she enjoys her new career.
And you are so clever! I would not have thought to repair that baker's shelf.
Waste not - want not indeed!
Hugs.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

What a clever thrifty gal you are. Trash to treasure! Good for you :)

And kudos for your youngest child for making a difference in other's lives...literally :)

~Lisa
New Mexico

playsdolls said...

You are so smart to make a trash to treasure of this shelf,it looks great.
Congrats to your daughter and I know you are proud of her accomplishments.

Anonymous said...

INGENIUS! I love to do those types of things too! It's amazing what you can reuse!

KrisMrsBBradley said...

Cool find! No one ever throws anything good away here, either.

How thrilling is it to see your seeds sprout into little plants? That's one of my favorite parts of gardening!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

I am like you, recycle, resuse, repurpose! I think its great fun and works the mind.

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Cool find! And the seedling is exciting news!

Enjoy your family on Saturday!

Anonymous said...

That is great..Thanks for the comment and visit...

Carla said...

about that baker's rack-SCORE! You are so smart using pvc! AND look at that baby plant grow!!! Kuddos for you daughter, nurse's aide don't get enough support or credit. Have a super wonderful Thanksgiving!

HEATHER said...

That is so awesome thanks for sharing you gave me some ideas.
Oh, tell your daughter..... Congratulations!!!!
Love in Christ,
Heather A.

Katie @ makingthishome.com said...

Have I been so horrible to have not visited you lately? I'm so sorry because your articles make me happy. And today... impressed. My green thumb is unquestionably brown. Great work with those seeds. You've topped me again! :)
Katie