Pages

Friday, November 21, 2008

Things About Me

I have been Tagged.

Sue at Wite-Lilly has tagged me.
Do you remember I passed on my first blog award to her on 11-7-08
At her blog, I can see summer while we are in winter.
She is in Australia.

for the '6 Things About Me" meme
!. I have never liked my first name. It is an uncommon name for the area I grew up in.
But I go by the nick name Ernie or E
As my mom named me Ernestine.
The female version of my real dads name.

2. I did not grow up knowing my real Dad, He lived in Ohio. And His oldest son is named Ernie.
He also HAD A SON 3 YEARS OLDER THAN ME name What else Ernie or Ernest.
Do you see a pattern here? To 3 male and 1 female Ernie. lol
I would love to find this brother, His name is Ernest Albright. He grew up in Lincoln Co. Wv. He would be age 51 +/-. His mom died when he was little and was raised by grandparents. Is what I am told. I have tried to find him. But no luck. And I don;t know if he would want to meet me. His mom knew of me. But don't know if he was told.

3. I met my real dad in 1979. But we did not get to know each other. He was more like a dad to my hubby. They went fishing and guy thing. But on the year 2000. I flew back 3-6 time. And got to know him a bit before he died of mesothelioma. Cancer caused by asbestos linings in his work gloves.

now 3 positive things about me.

I. I was a sales person most of my life. I sold real estate insurance, And my favorite of all time. I had my own Pet shop The picture is after our sign was removed. I added type to the picture with our name.
You would have thought I would have taken a picture while we were running it. But it never occurred to me
to do that. This was so much fun. I always had new baby's to hand feed and spoil. I can not even count how many bird I raised till they were old enough to be sold.
2. I am a simple person. I never needed fancy cloths or was into shopping.
3 I am a self taught plumber, carpenter, electrician. By reading a book I rewired & plumbed this complete house. I love power tools. A sawzall and roto-zip are 2 of my favorite tools. My hubby has to barrow my tools as I have more than him.



I have to tag 6 people.
Here are the six blogging buddies I tag:
!. You
2. You
3. You
4. You
5. You
6. You
So If you want to play this Let me know.
Thanks
Grammy E

Rules:

Link to the person who tagged you.
Post the rules on your blog.
Write six random things about yourself.
Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
Let the tagger know when your entry is up.


6 comments:

Q said...

Dear Grammy,
Always nice to know a bit more about our blogging friends. Thank you for doing this meme.
You are very accomplished and talented.
Namaste,
Sherry

Wendy said...

My goodness - you rewired and redid the plumbing??? You are worth your weight in gold! Have a nice weekend. Hope hubby is well.

white_lilly said...

Thanks for being part of the meme :)
Your amazing to be so talented to do the electrical and plumbing in your house WOW! Hope you and your hubby have a great weekend with your family.

Sue

Denise said...

I love learning about you.

Gail said...

I like that. It is always good to know someone better. Amazing, you can wire. I would love to know that without burning the house down. I love power tools too!

Carla said...

Very interesting (especially about everyone being named Ernie:), I don't doubt you are a handywoman! Resilient.