Pages

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Being unique is perfect for this weeks post.

I have been reading and thinking about allot of things this week.
I can see now, that we are just a spirit in a vessel we call a body.
We allow our mind to control how we feel and react to every thing.
We let our inner critic control too many actions.
Our higher self is not judgmental, critical or unkind.
We allow an inner voice to destroy our peace & self respect.
As our vessel is not who we are, it is our heart our wisdom and kindness that make us unique.
If we act out of love, we will be loved.
I am thankful I can learn and grow in ways that I would have never thought of before.
I am thankful I can do things that make me happy with out even leaving the house.

I made this group of photos to just have fun with.
The top left is my head and shoulders with an outfit I really liked. Marlyn Monroe's legs . And a pair of $1200.00 shoes. See all that don't make me any diffrent than I already am. I painted the photos in the right side to show weathered and younger faces. But in the end it is still me, with paint on my face.

Oh yes that is really me and my cat in lower right.
But I assume the point is, you are perfect the way you are.
And so is every one we meet.
I am also thankful for every one and every thing.


Have a wonderful day and remember to laugh and play.Photobucket

12 comments:

Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...

Hilarious picture with the wings- isn't it fun to be able to laugh at ourselves? Happy TT!

Debbie said...

This was a great post and wonderfully creative. I LOVE the pics you made. I too would have picked her legs, and those shoes!! perfect...I too am a recent empty nester. I am finding it much better than I thought it might be, hope you are too! Have a wonderful day. Blessings, Debbie

Rocks said...

And we are fearfully and wonderfully made by our God :) I so agree with what you said.

Thanks for coming to my thankful post :)

Mark said...

Yes, we are perfect in our imperfection. Well done.

annies home said...

great post love the pictures

Wendy said...

Your wisdom is growing with each post! And your creativity! This is the perfect time to be alive. And comfortable in your mind, body and soul.

Your rock, Grammy! Love your pics. And your loving and joyful heart. I am thankful you are in my life.

Wendy said...

Oh, don't forget - we have a date to make Snow angels. LOL!

i said...

Well said! Love the pictures! Must be fun to make. God bless you!

Pia said...

beautifully said. i can very much relate to what you said --- I am thankful I can do things that make me happy with out even leaving the house. --- a lot of my friends think that happiness is when you're out there and having the time of your life. of course, i don't agree with that.

sorry about my comment box. i've overlooked that yesterday. i forgot to enable it. i wonder how you can make that automatic without having the need to enable it every time you post.

Nancie said...

Lovely pictures, Grammy! Truly you are unique and beautiful as God has created you unique. Love your picture. Take care and God bless you abundantly!

Blessings,
Nancie

Rita T. said...

Grammy, you are just funny and poignant at the same time! Thanks for making me smile and think too. Have a blessed weekend!

Denise said...

My friend, you are way beyond beautiful, love you.