Pages

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Earth Day 2009

Tomorrow is Earth day.

I love this quote!
"Go outside today, no matter what the weather! Take in the "tonic of outdoor air, the healthy influence that comes from contact with the soil, the delightful companionship with nature" (Eben E. Rexford, The Home Garden, 1909).
Click here You can see portions of his book at google library for free.

He prescribes a season of gardening. As being better than any drug a doctor can give you. I saw this to be true with my friends Mr & Mrs D. in St. Louis. They have a flower garden and worked it together. Mr. D. passed at age 93. And her health is now failing as he is gone and she can not work the garden as she did before.

I my self found peace and contentment in my garden at my old home. It was like heaven on earth. So I need to take some of my own medicine and get to work on my garden here. So I can find peace and regain my physical and add to my mental health.

My prescription for you is to go out side tomorrow. Enjoy the weather. Or plant a garden . learn to love and respect the Earth we share. Think green. recycle reuse and restore the health of the earth. Maybe plant a tree.

Note.
Earth Day, celebrated April 22, is a day designed to inspire awareness and appreciation for the Earth's environment Please see wickpedia for more info on the history of this day.


PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Happy Earth day!
Fun video.
PhotobucketHave a wonderful day and remember to laugh and play.Photobucket

10 comments:

Gigi Ann said...

Enjoy your gardening! ;)

Denise said...

Such great advice.

Wendy said...

Gardening is good for the soul. Enjoy.

Gail said...

Playing in the dirt is my favorite theraphy next to playing with my horses.

Ebb Tide said...

Gardening is a good therapy for the soul, mind and body. This is true for me and my husband.

i said...

Happy Earth Day! Enjoy your gardening! I've learned in recent years too the joy of gardening. It is truly therapeutic!

Nola said...

You are so right! No matter what's wrong, it always seems better after some gardening.
Enjoy earth day!

Carla said...

the perfect prescription:)

Zaroga said...

Wonderful post Grammy. A nice day here for gardening.

George said...

I'm happy to say that I was able to work out in the yard on Earth Day. Nothing could be better.