Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

2012 First post


Yea another year !
I have been in thought the last month or so wondering what my word for this year would be. I still have not made a choice. But the phrase "Just do it" has already been put to use a few times. And it has resulted in fun. The photo above was taken at the Funny farm it was a wonderful adventure. My granddaughter Jozlyn had her 3rd birthday party here. We all had so much fun petting the animals and I even got a pony ride on a Clydesdale. That was the event of the day. I needed a chair to reach the stirrups . Then getting off was almost a 911 event. But  I told my right leg to just do it. It took 2 try's but I final made my leg come back over the horse to dismount.  I know you are laughing about now. But I did it. :)
The highlight of the place was the miniature  Scottish highlander steer in the photo above. He was adorable. He reminded me of a sheep dog mixed with a cow.He also had a blue tongue. This adventure made me wish I had a farm. But I also realize I am no spring chicken any more so I am thankful to be able to visit a place like this.


Have a wonderful day and remember to laugh and play.Photobucket

4 comments:

Jean said...

Happy 2012! I love that you had such a fun time at the farm with your granddaughter. I hope this is the start of a very good year, my friend. Have a great weekend!

Wendy said...

Hey Spring Chicken! I hear ya, I hear ya. Just the thought of looking after animals and a farm is enough to make me cry. But, it's so nice to visit.

You look great up on that huge horse! I can't believe Jozlyn is 3!!!! Well, I should, because Nathan is going to be 3 next week. How is that possible? It seems only yesterday, they were born.

Glad you had fun. And a big Happy New Year to you.
My word is "strength" this year, because I need a lot of it.
Hugs

Joy Des Jardins said...

Happy 2012 to you Grammy. I hope the new year is very good to you and your family in every way. The Funny Farm sounds like a terrific and fun place. What a GREAT picture of you Grammy....you look wonderful. ~Joy xo

peppylady (Dora) said...

2012 should be a great year. Lot happen!!!
I hope to see you more blogging though out the year. But I complete understand why person can't blog daily.

I've always enjoyed the petting zoo but I've always been a fan of animals.

Coffee is on.