Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Removing the blindfold

But do I dare pull the duct tape from my lips?
I would have to say, "I lived most of my life on auto pilot". Just going thew the motions. Doing what was expected.It is amazing to be given the gift at my age to now be able to open my eyes. To question and learn things,  To find out how naive and innocent I was. To be fooled into thinking you are in control of your life. When really you have been controlled the complete time. What a wake up call ! To sleep walk though life.Going thru the motions. Yet, seldom being free to just be your self.  Am I alone?

The above thoughts just came to me, as I do this weeks lesson for a Year with my self.

Journal Prompt for Week 5: Introvert vs Extrovert: 

“How to Leverage Your Personality Type”

In the past I took the Myers-Briggs personality test
This led me to explain many aspects to my personality.And why others may act or do things differently
With this weeks lesson. . The word Oppovert is used to define a person who is your opposite.
(Introvert vs Extrovert)  
This set off a  light bulb in my head.
It explains so much. in not only parenting but in every aspect of life.
As a child I was raised by an extremely introverted mom. One who demanded control of every aspect of my life.
Be seen, but do not speak.  Was my way of life.
Then I married another extreme introvert. So I sit here in silence. Doing what I was trained to do. 
Yet there is a light in me waiting for my time to shine.   
And i pat myself on the back. With my own kids. There lights shine bright.
They are extroverts like me. They were allowed to be there self. Speak there minds. run and play. They are both adventurous. They learn things the hard way through trial and error. But  I am here with an open ear. No longer wishing to control them  Just a bit of guidance. As we all should let our kids sprout there wings. And be who they were meant to be.Sure rules and manors were taught. They know right from wrong. But they are free to live out there dreams and desires. They are brave enough to ride a roller coaster, or hop on a bungee cord. They know how to laugh and play, with a smile on there face. And there hearts are full of love.

I also have the answer to my question. Why do I feel like I am in the wrong life.
Answer: I am an Extrovert living the life of an introvert. 


Have a wonderful day and remember to laugh and play.Photobucket

7 comments:

Unknown said...

No, you are not alone. I 'woke up' in 2009 and chose to quit trying to live as someone else expected and instead just be me. Very freeing, indeed.

Jean said...

I love that you are coming out of that introversion and finding and learning new things. You have so much to offer the world. Thank you for sharing your story. Hugs!

Maude Lynn said...

What a fascinating thought!

angela said...

We done on embracing who and what you are! Your children are very blessed to have a mother who lets them be who they are with love

hui ying said...

Your picture makes me laugh (: I'm too used to be an introvert when I'm actually an extrovert. Life is so amazing learning about myself bits and bits. Hope to read more journal entry from you. Hugs (:

Wendy said...

My goodness, you are growing by leaps and bounds! You go girl!!! And we're here to cheer you on.

That's a big step you're taking.
Hugs

Coffee Messiah said...

Nicely done -

Seems that some take the road to find out - and others are manipulated a bit more easily -

I like that you are working it out -

It took me to move away from my family, and although alienated by the people who brought me into the World - I finally realized they do not care, because I left and did not become like them -

and lately for me, not working for someone, although $$$ is just as tight, it puts everything into perspective, by not being "timed" in your daily routine either -

Congrats to you! = Cheers!