Pages

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Pot of potatoes

I am not quit up to gardening yet. I have a 2 week after surgery restriction. But this did not stop me from taking photos today.
I have been trying diffrent ways this year. Using top soil bags self watering containers. Even colored mulches. I placed one potato plant in this red bucket it seem to be doing the best.
The one on the left is in top soil bag is 2nd best.
The one on the right side near fence is direct in the ground.
All 3 were started on the same day.
The top soil bag to the right has geranium starts.
I added aluminum foil to the bottom of the cabbage . As silver mulch is said to deter bugs and enhance growth.






To see more of how I am using colored mulch in my garden click here. To go to my garden journal.




PhotobucketHave a wonderful day and remember to laugh and play.Photobucket

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

7 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Grammy, You are going to have a wonderful bunch of flowers and veggies this year... You are so creative. I like what you are trying... Keep us posted.


Have a great day --and Memorial Day..

Hugs,
Betsy

Gail said...

We shall have to rename you Growin' Granny.

Rita T. said...

You have the true gardener's gene. Hope you're feeling much better now!

George said...

I'm very impressed with the experimentation you are doing in your garden. The red pot certainly seems to be helping the potato plant to grow.

Carla said...

How cool, you are really stretching your brain:) (regrowing those brain cells:)

Carla said...

Meant to also say, just THREE more months till the farm:)

And take it easy and let yourself heal:)

Love to you:)

Nola said...

Wow, what a great idea; using the bags of topsoil! I like your inventive ways, I'll have to give it a try.