Pages

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

HAPPY BLOOMING TUESDAY !

In my town in Missouri, This would be a weed garden.
Because you will find these along the highway growing freely.
This is a native prairie garden with a twist.
I bought these plants and they are not quite the same as the native ones.

But my purple cone flower is a bit different as it a double decker.
And this Little Shasta Daisy is host to all types of critters.
Black-Eyed Susan
Rudbeckia fulgida var. speciosa
The tiger Lilly
Now this is my favorite Day Lily My friend Mrs D in St. Louis gave me years ago.
Lily Tree® American Original
A cross between a Trumpet lily and an Oriental lily
Reaches up 3-4' the first year and up to 6-8' after 3 years.
Burgundy Gaillardia {Gaillardia aristata ‘Burgundy’}
PhotobucketHave a wonderful day and remember to laugh and play.Photobucket

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

16 comments:

Darla said...

Very beautiful. That lily gets quite large!

Denise said...

Such beautiful flowers sweetie.

Zaroga said...

Such beautiful flowers you have growing in your yard!

Suzanne said...

It's so hard to pick a favorite. You've got some beautiful blossoms this week. Love the shasta daisy with the hitch-hiker!

Sue said...

I love the native flowers because they are so easy to care for, and for the most part, pretty pest resistant. But SOME of them have really short bloom times. Your flowers look great.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

HI Grammy, I love your flowers. Anything which brings color into the yard is a GOOD thing!!!
Hugs,
Betsy

Teresa said...

That first photo is my fav. Echinacea is so pretty. Love all of the asiatics and daylilys too.

Carla said...

Weed is in the eye of the beholder! Loving these blooms, AND the Lilies-wow:) Have a great day E!!!!

Sue said...

If those in Missouri consider those beautiful flowers a "weed garden" I would so love to see what a real garden looks like! Beautiful photos, Sue

i cant decide said...

I like your weeds! I can see why the last lily is your favorite. So striking.

Jean said...

Beautiful weed garden! I love both your lilies, I haven't seen them before. Everything looks like it is doing well this season. Happy Tuesday! Jean

~~Rhonda said...

Your "weeds" are beautiful. Love those plants. They are so hardy. Your garden is beautiful! ~~Rhonda

Elena said...

Your garden is just lovely. I really like the look of the cone flowers and shasta daisies!

tipper said...

Wow your flowers are beautiful!! Cone flowers are one of my favorites-but they dont' grow wild here-wish they did : )

George said...

This is a beautiful 'weed' garden. You have some gorgeous blooms.

Sharon said...

Love your natives! My hubby has a yard full of natives - prairie and woodland. We love our wild garden, especially when the false sunflowers, prairie dock, cone flowers, and cup plant (to name a few) are tall enough to provide a nature screen between us and the neighbors! Happy 4th!