Pages

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Grandkid withdraw

It has been since 2004, that I could call myself an Empty Nester. Sure we had youngest daughter move in for a few months. About 2 years ago. But I have been spoiled with having the first born grandson. On most weekend. And almost all summer last year. Now that he is a teenager. I have had to experience real emptynest syndrome. This past school year we did not get him much at all. It was so lonely with out him. And I did not feel the loss of my own kids as much as I have felt his presents missed. I am amazed by how a grandchild can grab your heart like no other.  I feel better now that he was with us last week end.
And yesterday my youngest and her 2 sons came for an over night visit. 
Hubby actually did a bit of running after them with a water gun. 
His inner child was out playing.
We hope to have more contact with them. But this set of kids live 2 hours away.
This day marks day 1 of youngest daughter journey as a now single mom of 2.
She is officially now divorced.   
And this is a good thing.to finally happen.
Have a wonderful day and remember to laugh and play.Photobucket

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Grandkids are precious, aren't they? Congrats to your daughter - she's free! Hope you get to see more of your grandkids as time goes by.
Blessings - always nice to hear about your family, Grammy.

angela said...

You are very blessed, I'm sure your grandkids will always be in your life xxx

white_lilly said...

Grand kids are a blessing especially when you can love and spoil them then give them back
x0x0x