Pages

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Saturday suprise

This is my side yard today as the sun just starts to lighten the area


My walnut tree has lost its leaves but still has more nuts to hit the house.


Here is Crash with some of the walnuts that have already fallen.

Today is Jacobs caves swapper days event.
And I was able to get Jerry to go.
Yea.
We started out the day with a wonderful breakfast.
We found a buffet style all you can eat.
Tasted almost like home made.
Biscuits were light and fluffy.
Pancakes bacon sausage chunk potato's & fruit and more.
Yummy.
The next picture will show why I bought a house here in Mid Missouri

I love the views
And the asphalt paved country roads
Not many are like this normally they are gravel roads.


We are here almost look at the line. They say that 10,000 people attend this 4 day event.now for the fun We found this little goat sneaking a bite
And lots of lama & alpaca. Some had long hair.
Sheep are with this one. I do not see many of then in our area.
farm raised geese and small turkey. The cheapest turkey was $15.00 for a tom.
All the rest were $25 and up.

Ducks and goat babys
A brooding hen with all the eggs she raised
She was so protective. I bet they are getting rid of her because they want some eggs to eat.If I had the small farm we are waiting on I would have bought her for $4 and some of the pullets for $2.


Now do you wonder what I bought?
I will post it as soon as I can get some good pictures.
I do not want to show you through a cage.
Yes, I bought some thing alive.

Photobucket

6 comments:

Suzanne said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog today and leaving a comment. Loved this post. I drove through Missouri in June -- I can definitely see why you love it. I do too! What a fun event you went to. Your photos made me feel like I was there. Wish I could have been!

Amy said...

I love all your pics! How beautiful!! Gorgeous gorgeous!!!

Bless you this day! And thanks so much for your sweet comment!

Amy

Anonymous said...

Sure does look like you had a good time.. where did you stop and eat breakfast at?? Patty

Wendy said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time! I loved the pic of your walnut tree, a dark silhouette against the sky.
Can't wait to see what you bought!

Sarah said...

Hi Miz Grammy! You're invited to "My Favorite Things Monday" inspired by the Sound of Music! You sharing a picture and story of your current 'favorite thing' that cheered you up when life got you down, would be a blessing! I hope you can come! www.sarahlcc.blogspot.com
I want some chickens!

Michelle said...

Looks like you had FUN! I would have been all over those animals....talking to them...ha!