Pages

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

An Awesome Thankful Thursay !


Today marks 1 year of happy thoughts!
I have made it through the winter with no blues and every day had some positive energy . I complected my bucket list for 2009.
All that is left is to get our farm in August.
I am not normally one for public prayer but
I thank GOD today for changing my life so much this year.
I went from the point of total depression and Illness to seeing the Ocean in person.
My husband has changed a bit to. We spoke on the phone every night for 2 weeks. I made him talk to all his family that we were visiting. So he may go on the next travel adventure. He is now more interactive with us. And has held the new grandbaby Jozlyn for the first time. He went to Amy's for the BBQ Sunday with no negative complaints about having to leave the house.
We went from Missouri to Arkansas Texas New Orleans Dolphin Island. Near Birmingham Al. And 2 wonderful nights in a log cabin in Desoto state park in Fort Pane Alabama. As soon as I saw the porch swing on the screened in porch. I called home and said I am not leaving here. I loved every minute of this adventure. We then went to Murfreesboro Tennessee and spent 3 days with hubby's niece and her wonderful family . I met blog friend Carla and her wonderful family. We spent the night with her. We also saw parts of Mississippi and Kentucky Illinois.But did not spend any time there. This is my self portrait of me at the ocean. My sister in law could not walk that much. So I saw things that she could not. I was amazed that I could walk this much with out allot of pain. I was in shorts from March 4 to March 14. Then came home to spring. I am in short as I write. This was a trip of a life time.


I conclude with.
I am thankful for my family and friends.
I love you all ! Thank you for your support and kind words this year. You made a big difference in my life.
Dauphin Island, Alabama. slide show.


PhotobucketHave a wonderful day and remember to laugh and play.Photobucket

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw
Note for me
Friday is a good time to sow Leaf plants like Cabbages, Celery, Celery, Dill, Lettuce, Rhubarb, Spinach, but it would not be a good time to sow Fruiting plants like Aubergines (Eggplant), Broad Beans (Fava), Cucumbers, Peas, Peppers,

28 comments:

Gail said...

Your Bucket list almost complete! Wow!

I noticed a wonderful change in you long before your trip. I like you either way!

Hubby better watch out, all these good feelings may be contagious.

Anonymous said...

Sweet blessings! Be Blessed always :)

Denise said...

Praise God for pouring His blessings all over your life sweetie.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Grammy, You brought a smile to my face in this post. I love to see people who come out of hard time, and make a choice to live life to its fullest. You have made that choice --and for that, I am very very happy.

Congrats---and I'm so glad you got to take a trip and especially see the ocean!!!!

God is Good.
Hugs,
Betsy

white_lilly said...

Hi Ernie! It sounds like you had a great time:)
You are always so happy and thankful you are such an inspiration:)

xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

What a joyful post! Thank you for sharing and May the Lord bless you more and surrounds you more with love from family and friends.

I love the shadow picture :)

Zaroga said...

When we went on our trip last year we didn't want to come home. We felt so much better when we were traveling... perhaps because we took a hike almost every day.... or we were just doing something that we both enjoyed.

I love looking at your photos.

You have a lot to be joyful about and your prayer is beautiful.

Laurie Ann said...

Your post just warmed my heart! I love it! I'm so glad you had a great trip and completed your bucket list for the year. Also am so glad the depression has lifted. How awesome is that? Happy Thankful Thursday!

Debra Kaye said...

Grammy,

Love your thankful post and love to see how God has worked so amazingly for you this last year! Praise Him!

Nola said...

I only started "following you" after your visit to Carla's, so I didn't know of your depression. Glad you are feeling better, and that you've had a great trip. Love the self portrait at the beach!

Tammy said...

What wonderful blessings - God is good! It is wonderful you were able to travel and visit family & friends. Have a blessed TT!

Jerralea said...

I'm so glad you are doing better with your depression! Getting out of the house and visiting really helps with that, I think. I enjoyed your post and your pictures. My favorite is the one with the dock and the two benches sitting empty. I wanted to go and sit in one and just gaze at the water!

Rita T. said...

You sound so happy! Glad you got this opportunity.

Bogie said...

God is truly awesome. Thanks for sharing! Bless your heart. :)

Saleslady371 said...

Hi, Grammy:
I can feel your joy in your writing! I'm happy for you and all that the Lord has done! Thanks for sharing the vacation with us. I especially like watching you feed the seagulls on the ocean. Isn't that fun? I never knew you were suffering with depression last year. You kept moving forward and that's why the Lord restored you. Great faith. Even in your sadness, you always left such wonderful comments on my blog.

Blessings,
Mary

Debbie Petras said...

I so agree; it is important to laugh and play, no matter how old we are! I enjoyed your slideshow. The water is always so soothing to my soul. I think this is the first time I visited your blog. Nice to meet you!

bp said...

Glad you enjoyed your adventure!
Have a wonderful day.

annies home said...

Is it not great to be able to thank God for the blessings he allows us

Michele Williams said...

Wonderful blessings... So glad you had a great year and able to travel... Happy Thankful Thursday...

Carla said...

WOOHOO!!! One year? Thats big stuff! I told hubby about your bucket list, and he asked if you were dying, I laughed and told him NO, your LIVING!! I'm so glad you were able to go! How cool is this? I love your self portrait, and your slideshow. When your all glowy and appreciative, others can't help but be a little glow-e-r too:)
Shine on!!

KrisMrsBBradley said...

Sounds like a great trip in so many ways!

HEATHER said...

What a Wonderful Thankful post filled with many Blessings. I'm so happy that you are feeling better and fulfilling your bucket list. May God continue to Bless you & your family.
Heather

Gigi Ann said...

What a nice post, and I am so glad you are feeling so much better. I too am glad spring is here, it always cheers me up from my winter blues. It sounds like you had a wonderful time, no wonder you are so thankful today.

Have a wonderful week-end!

Ann

Unknown said...

Wow, Grammy

This is a most awesome post. God is so very good indeed. Happy TT. hugs.

Pia said...

i love meeting my bloggy friends. so far i only met one. he's from canada. i met him and his family when they came to the philippines.

Anonymous said...

you are really blessed. and yeah, stay positive, it attracts a lot of blessings.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting and posting a comment! Thank God you are feeling much better. Happy Thankful Thursday! :-)

Angela said...

What a beautiful testimony!!