Pages

Monday, January 5, 2009

Love of native art

Ok Gail,
you have my thoughts running about again. I can not go window shopping we are in a small town with a small w-mart store. I can not wake up my wanting side. But I can make my creative side wake up. I started thinking about all my passions things I love. My old home was full of native American art and South west flair. I am eclectic. I do not need things to match. I just need to love them. I went looking for some thing to hang up. As I am not going to unpack till we move. All my treasures and art is packed in the shed. or closet or sold or maybe even thrown away. Who knows what I did at the time 3 years ago I packed and moved 2 times. 1 time to sell the house I loved 2 to move here to this house that is a payed off rehab. still needing to be finished. I went looking to find one thing . Yes it is a sand painting. My Uncle in Arizona made frames for other ones he and my Aunt Betty gave me. They are done by a famous Indian painter, Name I do not remember. I will have to ask. But this is what I found. A clock to hang in the kitchen. I now am motivated to get out the paint and paint that wall. I will let you know when that happens. lol

I love native American and south west Items.


This one was found in St. Louis at a yard sale.

4 comments:

peppylady (Dora) said...

I know what I like and most of home is done is yard sales and thrift stores.

Coffee is on.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

I love the Native American art also, Grammy. When I went to a conference at Glorieta, New Mexico in 1986, I fell in love with that area. We went to Sante Fe--and I bought a bunch of turquoise and other things. GORGEOUS. I'd love to go back.
Hugs,
Betsy

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! You are going to have a grandbaby in 2 days : ). If that isn't exciting, I don't know what is : ).

Your idea for my Mom was great! I will have to think of a fun place for us to visit!

Gail said...

Can you find a gourd? They are beautiful painted in any style! You could go with your theme or just wing it.
How wonderful to remember where that treasure was!