Pages

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

THANKFUL THURSDAYwith a twist


I was going to title this post a cheap date.

But I decided to take a fun post and be thankful for it.
We take so much for granted. A simple trip to the grocery store turned into fun.for me Wednesday night. I went with a mission to buy roast beef and bread. Something easy to eat for dinner. The excitement started when we entered the store. SALE SALE SALE!
First the bag of mint candy went in the cart. We turned the corner candy bars 10/$3. So I contained my greed 6 for me 4 for hubby. Down the front row we went. Ding dongs said look at me $2.50. I am 1/2 price. So I said ok jump in the cart. Hubby thought. "Man what is this chocoholic day". So he turned down the chip Isle and grabbed him cheese popcorn. Since I was so into chocolate on sale. Then the frozen food Isle had 10/$10 so all the meat loaf mash potato dinners jumped in the cart. I asked him what one does he want. He looked at me. like what. 1. I laughed and said we need 1 more to make 10. So he was ok again.
Finally we got to the bread and roast beef. he tossed a couple bottles of soda in the cart and we headed for the check out. When red rose's for $4.99 was all over there. Saying I am cheap! I won't die! I am silk I will just get dusty! You know you do not spoil your self with material things! "Wake up and want me!"I showed them to hubby he said ok throw them in. I said no you have to want to buy them for me. He said that is why he don't. I was like rrrr. But this was easier than the sock monkey. We went to w-mart Tue to get cat food. He pointed out the already made sock monkey for only $8.00. I was like wow. It is cheaper to buy them than the amount it cost me to make the ones for Christmas. Hubby was like you don't need that. I was like I know. But I have never had one for me. And It is cheaper than making one for my self. The sock monkey continued to work his charm on me. Then the stock girl said so many reasons to by it. Hubby said no no no. I was then determined he was to be mine. I am not the kind of person to buy my self fun things, This is something missing from my life. Fun!
So conclusion. I have a valentines present in January. I see hubby waking up a bit to make some one else happy. for less than $30.00 all this was purchased.

Back to grocery store story. Sorry I get derailed. We checked out and cashier was saying what a bargain on the tv dinners. Hubby said "they are for when she feels like cooking". I could not believe I did not defend myself. I started to giggle then laugh and every one was laughing. It was too funny.

So I am thankful for the laughter today.
The thrill of chocolate on sale
Bargains
And for the experience of wanting hubby to buy me something I do not need.
I am thankful most for simple happy times we take for granted.


Lori at Lori's Relfections is hosting Thankful Thursday this week .
Have a wonderful day and remember to laugh and play.

Smile :-) Pictures, Images and Photos funny Pictures, Images and Photos no smile Pictures, Images and Photos

18 comments:

George said...

Thanks for sharing the story of your trip to the grocery store. But I have a question -- is hubby in the dog house?

peppylady (Dora) said...

Sound like some one sure had a sweet tooth.

Coffee is on.

Denise said...

Thanks for making me smile.

Rottlady of the Ozarks said...

Sounds like my kind of shopping trip, and all for under 30$? Amazing. If I got out of a store for that kind of money I'd really be thankful.

Fun post, thanks

Gail said...

Love you story! Are you sure your husband and Mine are not kin?

Carla said...

You remembered to PLAY!!! What a great day-thanks for sharing:)

Unknown said...

Did you get the seeds yet?

Bonnie said...

All I can say after giggling along with your story is I'm willing to bet my husband is OH so glad I wasn't shopping with you! Chocolate on sale...mmmmmmm! Sounds perfect.

Laurie Ann said...

I loved your post! LOL! What a fun time. Happy Thankful Thursday to you.

Susan said...

Oh how cute!! Talk about some DEALS! I love those kind of shopping trips for SURE!!

Blessings to you this TT♥

Addicted to Beadz said...

Thanks for sharing!

Cheryl

Anonymous said...

i had fun reading your post. you have a great husband.

thanks for visiting mine.

Rose said...

I totally understand how things jump into the shopping cart! I am glad it happens to someone besides me. At least this was a fun trip for you.

Wendy said...

Hey! Sounds like you had fun!! Oh yeah - that is good, something to be grateful for. Especially the chocolate!!
Hugs

God Chaser said...

What a wonderful story-and you do know how to have fun-you are off to a great start. Thanks for sharing

i said...

Your post made me smile! Thanks for brightening my day! Really, buying the sock monkey is cheaper than making it? LOL!

Zaroga said...

Oh my... all I had jump into my cart extra this morning was carrots, apples and vanilla wafers :-(

An enjoyable post, Grammy.

Melonie said...

That cracked me up. Your hubby reminds me of my stepdad! I bet you two brighten everyone's day when you get going like that in the store.